Re: [Ad] Come join us!

From: Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@TZC.COM)
Date: 03/25/98

>i see :) was not pasted.. and in the src is
>if (PRF_FLAGGED(t->character,PRF_TEST))
>
>i get no error when compiling...
>but when i telnet to the machine, it make some swapping, then core dump the
>circle

That's your problem right there.  You see, when you first telnet to the
MUD, there is absolutely no character loaded.  write_to_output sends to
descriptors, not characters.  If there's no character attached to the
descriptor (like when you first log in) you won't get SQUAT b trying to
reference one.  Add the suggested "if (t->character)" and that should fix
it up.

---
Customer: "I'm running Windows '95."
Tech Support: "Yes."
Customer: "My computer isn't working now."
Tech Support: "Yes, you said that."