Re: Yet Another Red Hat 5.0 Compile Question

From: Jared Buckley (jaredb@TI.COM)
Date: 03/27/98

Thanks to George and Blue Lang.  As per George's recommendations,
the functions can be commented out of sysdep.h and comm.h respectively.
Afterwards the compile generated lots of complaints about the
crypt function.  Blue Lang's post tipped me off to the soln to that
one.  I ended up manually putting -lcrypt on :

../bin/circle : $(OBJFILES)
        $(CC) -o ../bin/circle -lcrypt $(PROFILE) $(OBJFILES)

in my Makefile.  Not the most elegant soln but, it did work.  Thanks
all.

Jared