Re: [code] doors

From: Raven Jade Kenago (raventhorne@YAHOO.COM)
Date: 04/16/98

Um, duh :) I'm not stupid, I know perfectly well you can open door
<dir>. I've played muds for a long time, and I just always hated
having to type open door <x>,
open door <y>, open door <z>, instead of being able to just type open
door, !, !. I'm trying to improve the base code to add some things
stock circle doesn't have to make the mud a little easier to navigate.
Thanks for the helpful response ;)

Raven

---AxL <axl@MINDWARP.PLYMOUTH.EDU> wrote:

> > I would imagine fixing this would involve adding a loop to check if
> > the current door is open, and if it is go on to the next door and
try
> > and open it, until it either runs out of doors to open or the
current
> > door is locked.
> >
> > However, the code is such a mess I'm still a couple days from
figuring
> > out exactly how it works ;) (I hate the 20 line case statements
using
> > 10 different scmds)
>
>         A "couple days" being an understatement, it'd seem.  If you
read
> it a bit more carefully, you'd see that in stock circle code, open
accepts
> two arguments, a door name and a direction.
>         Christ, even "help open" from within the game will tell you
> this.
> --
> -AxL, axl@wpcr.plymouth.edu - SysOp, RPM Director, WPCR Plymouth,
91.7 FM
>  "Discriminate against the next fashion sucker you meet....it's a
raver!"
>                                       - Ec8or,  Digital Hardcore
Records