Re: Armor Types

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 05/05/98

On Tue, 5 May 1998, Alex wrote:

> > >I would love to see a MUD with this style of combat in action.
> > I believe Armageddon MUD already uses a system in which armour absorbs
> > damage rather than making the wearer harder to hit.
> That they do, as does VieMud.  We've got about half of a system where
> different weapons affect different armours differently, but we never
> quite got around to finishing it.  *sigh*
>
> Another thing, when armour has absorbed too much damage, it should
> crumble, or crack, or whatever.

A system that works well off of a Fantast RPG that I wrote about 2 years
back, anytime damage gets through the armor, the potential to block
damage is lessened by one point. The armor can be repaired, but once the
resistance reaches 0, it is assumed that the armor no longer exists, or
if it does, it's nothing more than tatters that are worth nothing.

That wouldn't be that hard to code at all once you had all the rest
done... It's just re-coding the hit/miss/damage stuff that's the pain.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

  -- Arthur C. Clarke