Re: [CODE] idnum problem

From: Dark Vision MUD (acido@CHESHIRE.GATOR.NET)
Date: 06/12/98

On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, Quinn ShadowStalker wrote:

> hrm, ok well it seems that alot of the players/imms are having problems
> when logging in, like when my friend merjan logged in he came on as
> distortion (he even used his login and passwd at the entrance screen)
> So i took a look at their files, and it seems that alot of people have
> been defaulting to idnum 0, and I figured that was reserved for mobs only,
> if you have any ideas why this might be happening please tell me asap.
> Thanks.

Don't know about that particular case but i had a idnum problem as well
im running ascii files and it seems that every time a player was deleted
and re-created he/she got a new idnum in the playerfile but in the index
the idnum wasn't changed so i ended up with some ppl having the same idnum
etc.

Acido, dvMUD