Re: [NEWBIE] a small question

From: d. hall (dhall@WARK.OOI.NET)
Date: 06/13/98

> here is what the error is
> shinra.c:1504: `d' undeclared (first use in this function)
> shinra.c:1504: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> shinra.c:1504: for each function it appears in.)

> and the line is
> SET_BIT(PLR_FLAGS(d->character),PLR_MUTANT);

This is normally taught in a 1000 level class in Learning C.  In C it's
normal to declare variables before you use them.  'd' within circle is not
normally a global, so therefore would not be an extern.

Of course w/o supplying the surrounding source, and me leaving my crystal
ball in my other robe, can't help you worth a damn.

d.