Re: [Newbie] Strength & Cleric Restrict

From: d. hall (dhall@WARK.OOI.NET)
Date: 06/13/98

> One last note, I know I know, dont worry, this will be over soon. I
> noticed that when someone has a high strength based from the affects of
> strength, or the use of an item, and the spells wears off, or they remove
> the armor, that they are still able to use a very heavy weapon as long as
> they don't remove it (do to the only check being at the time of
> weilding).  I was wondering if anyone changed this and what method of
> thought they used. This isn't a request for code, just for ideas on how
> they restricted usage (meaning, during a fight it says, you are not
> strong enough to use that weapon, or if when their strength wears off,
> they drop the weapon from weight).

In handler.c, there is a function called update_object, this is a periodic
function that goes through an updates timers.

You can place a check there to see if wielded, and if so test the char's
strength vs. the weight of the bject, try to keep the checks lean since
IIRC this function cycles through all active objects within the game.

d.