Re: Moderating Command Lag

From: John Woods (JWoodsIII@AOL.COM)
Date: 07/14/98

In a message dated 98-07-14 13:58:22 EDT, siv@CYBERENET.NET writes:

<< hrmm..so a WAIT_STATE for certain commands..well..why not just use
 WAIT_STATE as it is? anyway, if you look at the old dg src, they have a
 GET_ACTION event that you could use..basically it works like:

 ACMD(do_kill)
 {
 .
 .
   if (GET_ACTION(ch)) {
     send_to_char("You already doing something.\r\n", ch);
     return;
   }

 then just create an action event in all of the functions that you want to
 moderate..check the archives for the location of the dg src..

 > I try to post help more than code, because I'm endeavoring to create a
 > completely original MUD (except for DG events, Regen, Color, and
 > Abbreviations). But if I post code it won't be original anymore. Hell, if I
 > didn't care about originality, I'd be glad to just ftp my MUD to
 > ftp.circlemud.org! Sorry guys. :-P

 um..i was asking for the call to that function in heart_beat()..for all i
 know you screwed up the 'if (!(pulse % PULSE_PER_SEC))' check that would
 call it every second..shrug..whatever, dude.. >>

Oh sorry. :-P
        if (!(pulse % PASSES_PER_SEC))
                log("update_roundtime");
                update_roundtime();
but it gets past that part fine, apparently. It's just when using the GET_RT
macro.

Not using WAIT_STATE because that makes them wait before typing ANY commands.
But I want them to be able to talk and joke around and stuff in between
command uses...just wanna restrict movement and stuff.
GET_ACTION isn't quite right, unfortunately. I need something that is second
based, not event based.
THanks for the help though. :-)

-Elrelet