[SPELL] Question about objects & owners.

From: Ryan Gasper or Steven Arnold (dalamar@CYBERCOM.NET)
Date: 08/19/98

  Hello List.

  I made a clone spell, that clones a piece of EQ or a weapon, and then
fires off an event, and after so many minutes, it extracts the object.
Everything works fine, but I am curious how to resolve a few things. If
someone were to give the object to another player, how would I switch the
ch pointer to the new owner? I need to do this because as the item fades,
it gives messages to the caster. If the caster gives it away and quits,
MUD will probably crash (I have not tested this because I assume thats
what will happen). Is there a way to check to make sure the person that is
either wielding it or in its inventory is the same as the ch pointer in
the event structure?

OffTopic:
  To help me with Circle programming, I am looking to pick up a book on
Data Structures that is well written, and does not introduce multiple
concepts in single examples. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

         /|"You will never see me cause    \/------------------\/|\
          | I'm always alone" -Ministry      dalamar@cybercom.net|
          |"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to   |
        _\|_time_with_the_blood_of_patriots_and_tyrants"_-ThomasJ|/_