Re: dumb question

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 08/28/98

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Matt Roach wrote:

>would something like this work?  For player Kills only?
>

>    if (!IS_NPC(victim)) {
>    sprintf(buf2, "Player Kill:%s%s was just pked by %s!%s\r\n", CCRED(ch,
>C_NRM),
>        GET_NAME(victim), GET_NAME(ch), CCNRM(ch, C_NRM));
>    send_to_all(buf2);
>    }

Yes, but it ignores the color attributes for everyone else.  See
do_gen_comm() for how to do color correctly on global channels. I'll also
mention you're ignoring all invisibility there, even immortal.

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://mouse.van.ml.org/ (not done) | stupidity is not thus handicapped.