Re: [OFFTOPIC] Downloading linux & obCircle

From: Jeffrey Hanks (jeffhanks@YAHOO.COM)
Date: 10/29/98

First off, have you decided what version of Linux you are going to
use?  There are: S.U.S.E., Debian, Red Hat, Caldera, and Slackware to
name a few.  Once you have decided on the distribution then when we
can help you a little better.

Typically you will create a pair of image disks that will start the
installation, then depending on what distribution you are using, the
rest of installation could be via FTP (using 'dselect' in Debian),
CD-ROM (if you bought a CD), from a DOS drive, or even from floppies
(ick!).

If money isn't too much of a concern, you might want to consider
getting RedHat 5.1 (5.2 will be out in a few weeks) as that is a
simple and painless install.

When you have decided on the distribution you are using let me know
and I can help you further.

Jeff Hanks
jeffhanks@yahoo.com