[CODE] Events system

From: Andrew (object@ALPHALINK.COM.AU)
Date: 10/30/98

I'm in the process of creating an events system at the moment. Please note
that I am not after DG Events or anyone else's events package - I want the
experience of making my own.

My events will be set up like ACMDs, in the format of 'EVENT(FireBall2)' etc.
and I call the events by 'set_event(ch, FireBall2)'. However, all the arguments
in the ACMD where I call set_event() are not parsed onto the EVENT(FireBall2)
function. I was thinking of making another argument to set_event() in which
you parse the ACMD's argument, but then I'll have to apply two_arguments() etc.
to the argument in every single EVENT().

This probably sounds very confusing. Sorry. But does anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks,

-- Andrew Ritchie.