MUSIC IN WAVE LAYER 3 (I'm not sure if this is off topic or not)

From: Jourge Fuzz Bush (modem-burn@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: 11/01/98

Well, I was woundering if anybody has ever made a mud telnet program
that supports wave layer 3. If you don't know what that is it's a very
high compression that can fit about 4 mins of a song in 600k. Now from
my experience with mp3 you don't have to have the entire file to just
play the part you have. for eg. say you download metallica - memory
remains and only get half the song. Well if you try and play it you can
play half the song. And its the same with wave layer 3. (I think you can
do this with all formats it just depends on what sofware u use to listen
to it, winamp supports this) Anyways has anyone ever done this and would
anyone have a use for it? I know a few for myself if I make but would
any of the rest of you be instrested?
        Thanks,
        - Matt