[CODE] Time and other musings

From: Andrew Ritchie (object@alphalink.com.au)
Date: 06/16/99

Hey all,

Firstly, does anyone know of a time structure that can access the
tenth-of-a-second variable? My little "C for Beginners" handbook only has
the basic time structures. At the moment for my sleep clock I am just using
the "clock()" function, which returns the number of miliseconds that has
passed since the program was executed. I doubt that this is the most
accurate method, and I can see some problems in the future.

Secondly, has anyone developed a round-time based command system, like that
of GemStine III and Dragonrealms?
Like if you don't want your players abusing a command like 'steal' by simply
spamming it, you put a round-time on it, which is the number of seconds it
takes before you can execute the command again. Obviously, as you get better
in the skill your round-time for that skill-command decreases. Do players
mind this?

Cheers,

Andrew.

---