Re: start room

From: Del (caminturn@earthlink.net)
Date: 09/19/00

Kras Kresh wrote:

> >What is it set to when they connect to the mud?
> >

> When you connect to the mud you start out at 3001 the  mortal start room
> is it caused by some weird reason the mud cant detect the immort start room?

I was figuring it was something that is not being loaded.

What is the exact code that set's the start room when a player
joins/logs in??

Show me your's, here is mine :)

interpreter.c
(under con_menu)

    case '1':
      reset_char(d->character);
      read_aliases(d->character);

      if (PLR_FLAGGED(d->character, PLR_INVSTART))
        GET_INVIS_LEV(d->character) = GET_LEVEL(d->character);

      /*
       * We have to place the character in a room before equipping them
       * or equip_char() will gripe about the person in NOWHERE.
       */
      if ((load_room = GET_LOADROOM(d->character)) != NOWHERE)
        load_room = real_room(load_room);

      /* If char was saved with NOWHERE, or real_room above failed... */
      if (load_room == NOWHERE) {
        if (GET_LEVEL(d->character) >= LVL_IMMORT)
          load_room = r_immort_start_room;
        else
          load_room = r_mortal_start_room;
      }