Re: wondering about asassins

From: Glover, Rick I. (RIGLOVER@PHJW.com)
Date: 10/20/00

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Snaga [mailto:snaga@MAIL.THEWOLVESDEN.NET]
Sent:   Thursday, October 19, 2000 1:53 PM
To:     CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca
Subject:        [CIRCLE] wondering about assassins

Hi all, just one quick question.
I would like to add assassins to my mud.  I want them to basically
have sneak/hide, debating on some spells, and of course a
d and d style instant kill.  It would automatically
be called on a successful backstab.  Depending on success
it would either return a congratulatory message(victim dies instantly)
or nothing (backstab would still have a chance to be successful of
course)

Now what I'm wondering is not how to do it (seems straight forward
enough) but in what manner.  Instant death is tricky and I don't
want to make it very unbalanced.  I'm capable of thinking it through
on my own and tweaking the numbers, but I was hoping someone had
done it and devised a system for computing when someone dies.

At any rate, thanks for the help both to my asked and unasked
questions.

snaga of PerP

-----Response-----
When a LVL_IMPL uses the "kill" command, the target is "instant killed".
You can take a look at that code there to place into your do_backstab().
It should be pretty straightforward to put a check to see if the ch is
an assassin after the backstab is successful then put in some kind of
random chance that the instant kill is successful otherwise it would
continue on and successfully backstab the target.

Rick

"WorldSecure <phjw.com>" made the following
 annotations on 10/20/00 17:10:49
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers."