Re: bug in char listing

From: Lord Kyu (Sythrel@Adelphia.net)
Date: 10/29/00

Kras Kresh wrote:

> uh u people ever notice when u look at a room with people in it without
> titles?
> well i have a fix for that.. not sure if there already is one

   Personally, I was always annoyed with seeing titles when I walked
into a room, especially considering some people's choices of titles, as
well as how long their title is.  So to fix this annoyance, I simple
went into act.informative.c and changed:

if (IS_NPC(i)) {
  strcpy(buf, i->player.short_descr);
  CAP(buf);
} else
  sprintf(buf, "%s %s", i->player.name, GET_TITLE(i));

   To this:

if (IS_NPC(i)) {
  strcpy(buf, i->player.short_descr);
  CAP(buf);
} else
  sprintf(buf, "%s", i->player.name);

   And this solved my little pet peeve in a heartbeat.  I figured if
someone really wanted to see a title, they would check their "who"
listing. :)