Re: [CODE] Ascii pfiles and autowiz

From: Mike Breuer (mbreuer@new.rr.com)
Date: 06/21/01

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel A. Koepke" <dkoepke@CIRCLEMUD.ORG>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 3:04 PM

> See my other message -- get_line() strips the trailing '\n'.  I don't
> think a second \n will appear from the nether.  I might be wrong, though.

Yeah, that message crossed mine on the wire.  Missed that point in your
earlier message, obviously.  Are you sure you mean those last 5 words?  :)

> > Since Circle is cross-platform, it would make the most sense to always
>
> Actually, since Circle is cross-platform, it would make the most sense to

What actually makes the most sense is dependant on individual implementation.
A poor choice of words on my part.  I agree with your point about only using
the "b" mode for binary files, though.  I do so much in OLC these days, that I
didn't even consider external editors.

The main point I was trying to make (which I think got lost) was to recommend
using a consistent mechanism across all of the ASCII data files.

Mike