Re: receptionist actions

From: Welcor (welcor@dune.net)
Date: 02/07/02

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kras Kresh" <kras_kresh@HOTMAIL.COM>
> >From: Alex <fletchra@qsilver.queensu.ca>
> >
> > >   if (!cmd && !number(0, 5)) {
> > >     do_action(recep, NULL, find_command(action_table[number(0, 8)]),
0);
> > >     return (FALSE);
> >this just makes the receptionist do an action (from the list above it).
> >
> >'do_action' is the way that actions are called.
> >
> > > Also.. should I keep action_table as const or change to static?
> >it shouldn't make a difference really.
> >

> I know that is the way actions are called. What I'm saying is that its
> do_action(ch, arg, cmd, subcmd).
> What the call for receptionist does is nothing since there is no arg.
> Is that not true?

No. When command_interpreter() calls a command it calls it like this:

you type: smile welcor

command_interpreter splits this:
cmd="smile"
arg=" welcor"

and then calls
do_action(ch, " welcor", find_command("smile"), 0);

(shortened a bit, but that's what it does). do_action handles the actual
processing of the argument, which, if it's NULL, simply means there's
second party to the social. (Ie. the social with no target gets shown).

Welcor