Circle 3.0 SPELL LIST -- Please Read

usechqm2@ibmmail.com
Date: 04/11/94

----------------------- Mail item text follows ---------------

To: INTERNET--IBMMAIL  Internet Communica

*** Resending note of 04/08/94 01:10
From: Patrick Suthers

Subject: RE: Circle 3.0 SPELL LIST -- Please Read
On Fri, 08 Apr 94 01:10:02 EDT, Jeremy Elson <jelson@blaze.cs.jhu.edu> wrote:

>Here is my tentative spell list for Circle 3.0.  I'd like to have 2
>spells per level up until level 18 or 19 (maybe 20), one spell per
>level thereafter.
:...:

>           Magic User               Cleric
>
>           (1) Magic Missile        (1) Armor
>           (1) Identify Potion      (1) Cure Light
>
>           (2) Detect Magic         (2) Create Water
>           (2) Detect Invisible     (2) Detect Magic
>
>           (3) Decompose            (3) Detect Alignment

I see great potential for Decompose to be abused if it can dissolve PC's
corpses: 'Loot your corpse?  naw, it had already decomposed...'  Instead of
logging it, make it impossible to do.

>           (3)                      (3) Create Food
>
>           (4) Armor                (4) Awaken
>           (4)                      (4) Detect Poison
>
>           (5) Invisibility         (5) Bless
>           (5) Chill Touch          (5) Detect Invisible
>
>           (6) Information          (6) Sense Life
>           (6)                      (6) Cure Blindness
>
>           (7) Burning Hands        (7) Waterwalk
>           (7) Locate Object        (7) Cure Serious
>
>           (8) Strength             (8) Blindness
>           (8) Teleport with Error  (8) Infravision

Move Strength up a few levels, otherwise everyone will be running around w/
18+ str.

>           (9) Shocking Grasp       (9) Protection from Evil
>           (9) Waterwalk            (9) Group Armor
>
>          (10) Blindness           (10) Summon
>          (10) Infravision         (10) Remove Charm

Remove charm sounds like a mage spell, not a cleric spell.

>          (11) Lightning Bolt      (11) Poison
>          (11) Wizard Eye          (11) Protection from Good

I would move prot from evil and good to the same level.

>          (12) Enchant Weapon      (12) Locate Object
>          (12) Fly                 (12) Remove Poison
>
>          (13) Color Spray         (13) Dispel Evil
>          (13) -                   (13) Cure Critical
>
>          (14) Vitality            (14) Word Of Recall
>          (14)                     (14) Group Infravision
>
>          (15) Energy Drain        (15) Calm
>          (15) Enchant Armor       (15) Cause Critical

You might want to move enchant armor up a few levels as well.

>          (16) Sleep               (16) Rejuvenate
>          (16) Paralyze            (16) Dispel Good
>
>          (17) Fireball            (17) Call Lightning
>          (17) -                   (17) Remove Curse
>
>          (18) Dispel Magic        (18) Sanctuary
>          (18)                     (18) Curse
>
>          (19) Ice Storm           (19) Heal
>          (19)                     (19)
>
>          (20) Conjure Elemental   (20) Dispel Magic
>          (20)                     (20)
>
>          (21) Disintegrate        (21) Harm
>          (21)                     (21)

Swap Harm and Heal for the clerics.  This will keep them from being able to
cast sanct and then heal so close level wise.  (ie, keep them from tanking
as easily)

>          (22) Charm Person        (22) Earthquake
>          (22)                     (22)
>
>          (23) Meteor Swarm        (23) Group Recall
>          (23)                     (23)
>
>          (24) Summon Undead       (24) Negate Sanctuary
>          (24)                     (24)

Make Summon Undead a Cleric spell, and add 'summon greater elemental' in its
place.  Of course, it shouldn't be *too* great.

>          (25) Flame Strike        (25) Full Heal
>          (25)                     (25)

Add 'Word of Death' as a high level mage spell.

Just make sure the damage progression is fairly even (no astronomical

damage doubling every level).  I'll try to think of some other ideas.

-pfs

|  Patrick Suthers       |  -I have to admit it's getting better...        |
|  pfs8854@tntech.edu    |     (It can't get no worse)                     |
|  usechqm2@ibmmail.com  |  -A pocketful of mumbles, such are promises.    |
|  psuthers@delphi.com   |  -#define ANSWER 42                             |