Re: Passwords

From: Christopher M. Lee (chrisl@mercury.earthlink.net)
Date: 04/22/96

At 01:57 PM 4/22/96 -0600, you wrote:
>>I have a simple question.  If a player loses his password.  How can I go
>
>use set file <playername> passwd <new password>
>
>and give it to the player in question, confirm that it really is the player
>of course :)
>
>there's no way I know of to read an existing passwd as they're saved using
>crypt if possible.
>
>Jim Anderson
>Enertopia->Pinternet.com 4000

Is this a 3.0 feature.  When I try this I get the following:

i31> set file theta passwd changeme
Please don't use this command, yet.

It looks like it is not being used in 2.2, which is what I am running.  Does
someone have the code to make it work or know of a way to change it now.  I
am working on 3.0 to go up in the future....

Yours,

Christopher M. Lee, Web Services    |	Voice: 213-644-9500
EarthLink Network, Inc.	            |	3171 Los Feliz Blvd., Suite 203
chrisl@earthlink.net	            |	Los Angeles, CA 90039