Re: Passwords

From: ShadowLord (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 04/22/96

On Mon, 22 Apr 1996, Christopher M. Lee wrote:

> i31> set file theta passwd changeme
> Please don't use this command, yet.

	It's an intentionally deceptive message to stop anyone that isn't
the head impl (player number 1) from changing passwords and causing havoc.

	On the note of player idnumbers, I'm running a fairly-modified
CircleMUD v3.0bpl9 [which has been moved up to pl11] on BSDI.  The id
numbers beyond the first 5 or 10 characters (or so it would seem) leap up
into the millions for no apparent reason.  It's not that big of a concern
to me, I'm just curious if anyone else has seen this problem?