Alternative to banks...

From: Chris Dodd (cdodd@super.win.or.jp)
Date: 05/12/96

Hi all,

Well, this is not newbie :)  Just a question/idea message.

Basically, has anyone out there scrapped banks?  I did not
like the idea of them, so was contemplating putting in a
usury notes instead.  My idea was to have the keeper(usurer)
sell the notes.  The note has a vnum on it, of course.  If
you take the note to the same person, he gives you the value
of it, but if you take it to say, another town, you get a much
lower value.  Probably have to add more code so that the note
gets face value at one shop, but not another.

Anyone done something like this, and if so, how was it received
by the players.

Chris