Re: race/class menu

From: Thomas Pedersen (classic@cloud9.net)
Date: 06/13/96

On Thu, 13 Jun 1996, Dann Fuller wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jun 1996, The Prophet wrote:
>
> > Dann> Except that you could easily say that since the Troll Hordes swarmed the
> > > land where the Monks lived 200 years ago, the Monks refuse to train
> > > Trolls.  Not only adding life to the world, but allowing you to do what
> > > you want.
> >
> >  So what if say... a monk finds a baby troll and out of compassion trains
> > him, hoping that it will not be like its fathers.. or, what if there is
> > another troll order? You are saying that humans/other races make up the
> > most of monks. What if the trolls make up the greatest percent of monks?
> > IMHO there should be no race restrictions.
>
> Heh.  Good point.  I suppose this is where the local flavor of the Imps
> comes in.  I don't agree that there should be no race restrictions, but
> then, that's why I run my MUD, and you yours.  :)

Ofcourse there has to be racial restrictions.  A slow, dumb troll with
close to no dexterity couldn't possibly swiftly kick anyone without
announcing the kick 10 seconds in advance, just like a puny hobbit would
make an awfull fighter.  Get real, there has to be racial restrictions.
Ok, let any race be whatever they want, but you have to restrict them.
Why have races at all if you dont?

But also a good point, I'm glad not all muds follow the same "rules".

_/ Classic@Cloud9.net
_/ uskgf89j@ibmmail.com
_/ http://www.cloud9.net/~classic