[Circle] Re: [obuild .06] bugs

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 11/11/96

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996 MAALEXAN@am.pnu.com wrote:

- We just replaced OasisOLC with obuild .06 with the new act.build.c. after
- some testing, we found a few majior problems:
-   rset desc, edit desc, look at room, and *BANG CRASH*
-  the next time, that didn't hurt us, but...
-   rset desc, look, (still okay) redit save, *BANG CRASH*
-  the next time, both of those had no prob, but...
-   rset desc, look, redit save, look, rset desc, look, *BANG CRASH*

That'd be a conflict with improved_edit, most likely.  WHen I have time I
plan on working on making the two work together.  I'm not sure, but I
think that may also be the source of other new obuild problems, since all
the changes I've made recently were small bugfixes.

- Also, it still outputs the ^M's, and everywhere it doesn't output the
- 'Okay.'. Any help would be much appreciated!

If you can tell me where the ^M's are appearing I can probably elimate
those.  I'm aware of "redit done" not producing an "Okay" but if there are
others I'd appreciate specifics :)

- We've been getting a crashes with obuild.06 too.
-
- We see it with oedit create.  When you create a new object
- the object is "a bug" instead of a new object.  If you try to
- osave the mud crashes.

I'm assuming for now that this problem is also related to improved_edit,
though I can't imagine why.

Fixing these problems are pretty high on my list of coding priorities, but
I'll soon be moving cross-country so I won't have much free time for a
while.  If someone else wants to work on it, feel free :)

Sam