Re: SYSERR: ch->in_room = NOWHERE

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 07/18/97

On Fri, 18 Jul 1997, Brooks Ladd wrote:

>         Anyone remember real quick how to fix this? :
>
> Thu Jul 17 15:38:11 :: SYSERR: ch->in_room = NOWHERE when equipping char.

If it's with a player and you're using the auto-equip patch, then make
sure that the player has been put in a room before you start sticking
stuff on him.

If it's with a mob, make sure that the mob exists, and is in a room
before sticking the EQ on the mob. I have gotten that error a few times
and not really sure why, but it appears to do no harm to my game because
it has happened all of three or four times since Feb.

If it's a constant problem with you, then I'd bet something has gone
haywire with a zone resetting. Check the zone files and make sure that
the mob is being put into a room that still exists.

John Evans
mailto: evansj@hi-line.net    http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj

I don't suffer from Insanity!  I enjoy every minute of it!