Re: [Legal -again-] Contributions

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 08/17/97

On Sunday, August 17, 1997 7:04 PM, Brian Williams - Nashak
[SMTP:bmw@EFN.ORG] wrote:
<snip>

> I just have to ask this.. What if someone comes on your MUD, gets to know
> you, and you start dying of cancer, could they donate money to a charity
> or something? It is after all because of your CircleMUD, but it isn't
> monetary gain, and it has nothing to do with your mud besides thats how
> the person knows you.. ???? Da' Confused One X----X

I hope you aren't an officer in the charity that recieves the contribution.
That
would lead to a moral dilemna, and a few late nights weighing the sides of
said dilemna  :-)

I would accept the donation in the above case, as long as the mud wasn't
affiliated with the charity in any way.. and I didn't suggest the charity in
the
first place, otherwise I wouldn't.. unless it was a lot of money.. then it'd
be
a hard decision.. do you let your moral considerations outweigh the good
that the money could do? *shrug*

--Mallory
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never
expect it.     - Jack Handey