Re: Some questions about code

From: Chris Rehbein (lint@JHU.EDU)
Date: 09/06/97

At 09:54 PM 9/6/97 +0300, you wrote:
>Another thing that puzzled me is STR_ADD.
>As far as I understood, it shows how much weight
>player can wield (or carry), but why don't just use
>STR/2 instead of STR_ADD to determine max wieldable
>weight of weapon?
>Also, there is line somewhere in the code:
>If player's STR is 18, then STR_ADD is random number from 0 to 100.
>What's this line for?

First off I would like to say hello (again) to everyone -- it was a
productive summer for me and I am now back (like it or not)...

Now, to address this question... STR_ADD is an extra strength stat that is
used for fighters ... Normally, a non-fighter can only have a strength of
18, but the STR_ADD allows fighter stats to surpass a normal 18.. The
random 0-100 number determines what the "additional" strength is, ie, what
extra bonuses the fighter gets.  Check out limits.c (god it's been so
long.. I forget where everything is in the code.. :P ) for what these
bonuses are..

Cheers!

- Chris R.
- lint@jhu.edu

"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake
of another man, nor let another man live for mine."
                                                  - Ayn Rand
                                                  -"Atlas Shrugged"