Re: **IMPORTANT**

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 09/09/97

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Brett wrote:

-+Looking for coders for a cool new MUD. We will try to give ya whatever ya
-+need, just really need a good expierenced coder (or more than 1) for a new
-+mud, and a new chance. Please:

This is not important.  This is an advertisement.  This same post is also
repeated by yourself not long after.  People certainly didn't have time
to read their e-mail, and respond to you in the short time that you
allowed before you reposted your message.  I'm sure it's a "cool new MUD"
when the (supposed) implementor spells coders as "CODERZ" in the (other
message's) subject line, and needs a good experienced coder.  Sorry,
but unless you can learn to maintain these urges to post and repost,
and give a faulty subject to your message ("**IMPORTANT**"), then you
won't be greated with much generousity.

Even further, this isn't a great place to advertise for coders.  I was
under the impression that the majority of (active) coders on the list
have their own projects to worry about.  Take your advertisement to a
wider audience, otherwise you end up with just already busy coders
and builders (BTW, why don't builders ever speak up?  I mean, it would
be very refreshing to see some things on world design rather than
constant coding; but then, when I tried to bring it up, I get people
calling foul because I chose to say "dragons" instead of "generic
beast in your MUD"...<grumble>).

-+or ICQ #:

Eh?  What's an ICQ?

--