Re: Interesting idea

From: Sammy (samedi@DHC.NET)
Date: 09/15/97

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997, Cris Jacobin wrote:

>         Would it be possible, to create a series of .diff files which you
> can edit, for such mundane tasks as adding a new class, adding a spell,
> cmd, etc.

Possible?  You bet.  In fact, all you have to do is edit all the stock
files necessary to make the desired changes, put them in a seperate
directory 'foo', and type:

> diff -C 2 foo src

[snip]

>         I can see something like this, making circle quite the hot item.
>
> -jac 'So, what am I missing?  It's too easy not to have been done allready'

You're missing the code.  Let us know how it turns out :)

Sam

ObCircle:

In case anyone remembers my post on my experimental output buffering
system, it's been coming along a lot better than I expected.  With a bit
more work I'll have configurable scrollback with a little spam-control (it
doesn't bother with "Huh?!?" and mud prompts), and automatic pagination
with player-settable page lengths.  With a little extra work and very
little extra cpu time I can set up multiple screen width options (40, 80,
100, whatever).