Invasion!

From: Wesley Fonvergne (tadrith@GATEKEEP.NET)
Date: 03/04/98

        I was tossing an idea around in my head, and was wondering is anyone else
had attempted to implement it, because it sounds like a real pain. Wouldn't
MOB invasions be great? I'm talking organized MOB combat against the
player, where MOBs group together, and like a troop of 50 of them come in
an slaughter the PCs...of course, they wouldn't be TOO difficult, because
that would discourage the player, but it would certainly add interest to a
MUD. Perhaps make MOBs do it randomly, so that players wouldn't have a
schedule to follow. Invasions could be announced maybe a few minutes
before, and PCs could group up to fight off the invasion, and perhaps
making the EXP a little more to encourage player involvement. Of course,
you could always LOAD mobs, instead of having local mobs actually walk the
distance...but that would still be pretty cool. Anyone tried this yet? If
so, hand out some pointers...and if not, well, hopefully I can do something
with it. ;P
                [ Tadrith Skandrakae, Implementor of Dreamscape ]
                [     - telnet://mud.dreamscape.org:1234/ -     ]
                ["I lay my dreams before your feet;             ]
                [    tread softly, for you tread on my dreams.  ]