Re: Roleplaying ideas

From: Shane W. (shanerw@J51.COM)
Date: 04/07/98

  Well.  As I continue to code my mud many ideas have hit me.  All users start out classless and can gain skills and
spells linked to their race and profession.  The guilds will be player run.  The guilds will offer some more skills but cost a ton of money to keep up and to join.  I am also working on a "plan/sheet" type of method to catalog non coded skills and character history which all must be approved by a wiz (check out casper.bga.com:6969 GhostWheel MOO to see what I mean).  I also ripped the look code from TheIsles which gets rid of the lame "<worn on blah> thingy" crapola.  As far as XP and leveling go I will probaly rip out XP and make it SKILL XP.  ie.. If you fight alot with a sword your sword skill will boost not your mace and bash skill.

-shane

Shane Raymond Werner
Dual MCP