Re: Non character sourced spells

From: Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@TZC.COM)
Date: 04/15/98

>Has anyone addressed the problems with weapon spells and that annoying:
>Your sword of fireball hums violently in your hands!
>Belgarath conjures a fireball and scorches the beastly fido!
>^^^^^^^^^
>
>Can anyone think of a way to do something with "if a weapon casts the
>spell, use an alternate line.?"
>
>I haven't looked at the code yet, really.  (RTFC!!!)  Anyway, help on this
>would be appreciated.

Well, the problem is that as it stands, only players can cast spell.
There needs to be a caster and a victim (if it's a victim based spell)
Without the caster, it just falls apart.  If there is a snippet that
allows you to have non-sourced spells (like say a trap that casts a
spell) PLEASE tell me, I am looking into adding spell casting
capabilities to my traps.

---
"One hundred years from now, none of this will matter because you and I
will be dead -- unless the Grim Reaper has switched his record-keeping to
a Windows 95-based system, in which case we all might live forever. "
-- Associated Press