Re: [LIST] Idea / Request

From: Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer (doomer18@EARTHLINK.NET)
Date: 04/21/98

At 09:36 PM 4/21/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I am glad someone actually can help or as at least on my side wich is the
>newbie side i my self has just started learning c code and the fre
>circlemuds sites that i know the ftp one and some others but neither of them
[ snip ]
>Avram

Punctuation is good, run-on sentences are evil.
and to the person who said:
"The only stupid questions are those that are not asked." -- Del (Panther)
this is a better interpretation of it:
"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -- Mr. Garrison, South
Park.

ObCircle:
 I promised last time, and this time I have one :-)
I have written a toggle command (similar in looks to Smaug's config command)
that allows a person to turn off/on almost every preference
that you could think of.  I did write this from scratch myself,
using only my idea of how it should be done.  Basically the command works
like this.
the preferences are stored in a structure array that holds
1) the name of the preference (notell, deaf, brief, etc)
2) the PRF_ flag (PRF_NOTELL, PRF_DEAF, PRF_BRIEF, etc)
3) the off message (message when PRF_ flag is REMOVE_BIT()'d)
4) the on message  (message when PRF_ flag is SET_BIT()'d)
  (the on and off message are only shown when toggle is typed with no
arguments
5) the minimum level to use this preference (comes in very handy)

i think that was it.  anyway, the command syntax is this:
toggle [<+|-><preference>]
basically either   'toggle'
or something like  'toggle + brief' or 'toggle +brief'
when you give it no arguments, the output is similar to this.

  [+BRIEF]   [You wish not to see room descriptions upon entrance.]
  [-notell]  [You like to receive tells.]

(the output is VERY similar, yet i believe that the coding is different,
anyway)

the reason i wrote this, was for the need to get rid of
making an extra command, just to toggle on and off an option.
brief
notell
deaf
plus, i just liked the look....    If anyone would like to see my
implementation,
gimme a private e-mail, and i'll letya have a look see :-P

if you would like to see Smaug's implementation (why?) find out their
ftp site, d/l the code and look at it :-P

anyway, i'm out all.

Code On
Akuma the Raging Coder

  |     "Yea, though I code in the Valley of the Shadow of No      |
  | Documentation, I will fear no task: for thy C Book is with me" |
  |          "Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, Just IMPROBABLE"              |
  |     "Easier Said Than Done, But Better Done Than Said..."      |