Re: Weather zones.

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 04/22/98

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Doppleganger Software wrote:

> I did this too.  Each zone having it's own climate.  However, the only
> problem I am having now is it seems a little unrealistic to have it
> snowing in one zone, and walk into another area where it's not :)  Oh
> well.  It's better than it was before :)

That's where Quality Control for your zones come into play by making sure
that no one puts an artic zone next to a desert zone.

As far as it being snowy in one zone and sunny in the one next to it,
that's perfectly realistic. I live on a farily tall hill and it's a
wonderful day out side, but I look to the south and there is a small range
of mountains that are fairly well covered in snow (I'm talking peak to
base). The village (12,000 people does NOT constitute a city) that I live
in would be one zone and the nearby mountains would be another zone.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

  -- Arthur C. Clarke