Re: Houses and Rent?

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 04/27/98

> Situation is as follows:
> Player buys a house (No big deal). Now based upon what he/she has in
> the room of EQ, I want to be able to have a Taxcollector routine that
> on a random day every REAL month (not mudmonth) figures out how much
> there is to pay, mails the responsible person. And accepts the
> payment, then go to next *real* month and so forth. If the person do
> not pay within the 1 (Just like real rent) the house will be
> impossible to enter. (Like removing the Entrance).

        This may sound silly, but why don't you make the day !random, set
it like the first of each month, maybe even ..whats it called when you get
an apartment 1/3 of the way through the month, you have to pay only 2/3's
(the remainder).. do that.  In anycase, just have a function read in the
date, check if the day is '1', and then go through the player file.  Use
one of those spare ints to save the cost for that player for that
month..if its zero, no problem, if its negative, they have a surplus, if
its positive, they owe money...well, maybe you'll have to make a new
signed int..

        So, all you have left is a way to pay - just make a spec proc to
handle it for you, shouldn't take a second.

        So,
                1) check all players for house costs
                2) mail those that owe (mud mail works on idnum..careful)
                3) wait 5 days, and then close the room for those with
                   positive balance..

        If you want code, well, we'll see.  It would be nice to see a
generic way to mail players from mobs.

                                                PjD