Re: Color Defines

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 05/25/98

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Lord Kyu wrote:

->        I feel a little ignorant asking this, but I was wondering if
->there are any other colors that can be defined in the same manner
->that have been defined in stock CircleMUD that work for other
->terminals besides just ANSI. I tried a lot of different colors, but
->all of the ones I tried only work with Ansi.  Is there something
->someoneI am forgetting to define? (I grepped the code and looked
->through it with no previal). Maybe the reason that those were the
->only ones defined is because those are the only ones that worked for
->all terminals? Sorry to waste your time.

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying.  If you mean are those the
only ANSI colors?  Yes.  There are 16 ANSI colors: black, red, green,
yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, gray -- and the bold/intense versions of
those.  There are also blinking versions of those sixteen, however,
the color is the same.

If you mean support for other color standards besides ANSI -- what
else is there?  Oh, sure, you could probably support Avatar, but
there's no reason to.  So, there's pretty much only the ANSI standard
(that seems a bit redundant if you know what ANSI stands for) when it
comes to color codes.

-dak