Re: [IDEA] realtime landscape

From: Carlo Mocci (mocci@TIN.IT)
Date: 08/20/98

At 09.33 20/08/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, maybe this sounds stupid, but I have seen several non-circle MUDs
>where they have a huge world, most of it forest and grassland and things
>like that. The zones are generic, usually just a bunch of interconnected
>rooms with the same bland room description, but it really makes the game
>feel more realistic.

>>>[more follows]

The solution we have chosen on our Mud is to create a wilderness zone
(outdoor) to which you connect the "dungeon" zones (cities too). The
outdoor zone is graphically displayed with a bird-sight point of view. I
personally don't like Muds with a lot of interconnecting rooms, with always
the same text description and nothing to do. With a good design, you can
give to your player a more "geographical" world to move around.
And obviously, is really simpler for you to make changes to this world.

Just my two cents
Carlo Mocci - mocci@tin.it

Kabir
Coder of Dalila MUD