Re: fix for SCMD_THAW

From: Invincibill (wlong@E-SERVER.NET)
Date: 09/26/98

i dont have the code in front of me at the moment, but i'm pretty sure
that a character with the frozen flag set cannot perform any commands at
all. so you dont need the ifcheck there. it doesnt matter who froze
them, because the function will never get called.  unless changes have
been made since pl12 to change that.

you might want to look at that.

Modem Burn wrote:

> No offence but that code from what I know is useless because unless you
> change SCMD_FREEZE you cannot freeze a imm of the same level. So only a
> person of higher level can unfreeze wich means you couldn't that yourself
> anyways. And also I don't think freezeing imms actually works. I've tried it
> on mine and it did nothin.
>
> >Here's a real quick fix I made up for bpl14...  It doesn't allow a
> >character to thaw themselves, useful if you freeze a person of the same
> >level...  Just add the if (ch == vict) chunk below and it should prevent
> >that from happening.
> >
> >    case SCMD_THAW:
> >      if (!PLR_FLAGGED(vict, PLR_FROZEN)) {
> >        send_to_char("Sorry, your victim is not morbidly encased in ice
> >at the moment.\r\n", ch);
> >        return;
> >      }
> >  if (ch == vict){