Motherdesc

From: The Merciless Lord of everything (serces@mud.dk)
Date: 12/18/98

Hi all..

I was just pondering through some more code there, cause I was getting
annoyed that it was possible to connect to the mud *BEFORE* everything
was up and running and.. in comm.c I found mother_desc.

Like this:

log("opening mother connection.");
mother_desc = init_socket(port);

boot_db();

anything wrong or could it give some nasty consequences if I reversed
this so that it became :

boot_db();

log("Opening mother connection.");
mother_desc = init_socket(port);

Anyone?!?  As far as I see,this would then boot up the mud, and not
accept any connections before boot_db(); has run through, meaning
everything will be ready, and players do not have to *WAIT* forever with
a "Connected to.. blah" and then finally some time later get a login.

Just an Idea..

/S