OasisOLC

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 04/16/99

I'm sure with that Subject: and From: everyone will read this. :)

Anyway, here's the obligatory URLs:

ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/greerga/www/OasisOLCv2.0-pre2.patch
http://www.circlemud.org/~greerga/OasisOLCv2.0-pre2.patch

(since my web space is now in the FTP area that shouldn't be suprising)

More importantly, you may be asking, "what is it?"

Long story.

I already had OasisOLC code sixty-percent finished at the time bpl15 was
released.  All of the design was worked out, I just had to implement it.
So come time for OasisOLC v1.7 I had the job of either porting both
versions (v1.6b is bpl14, v2.0 was half-bpl12/half-bpl13) to bpl15, which
is a major pain, or simply finishing v2.0.  After trying to go back and
work with the old code I decided it would be much better to actually finish
the new one.  So I've skipped over the documentation and module system I
originally wanted to finish and even a bit of the code nit-picking to get
v2.0 released for bpl15.

So now I just need testers.  The above directories also contain a .tar.gz
of all the source code if you prefer that method.  The patch is against
stock (pre-configure) bpl15.  I have not thoroughly checked the code at
all.  In fact, I know something has to be broken but haven't quite
checked.

The more help I get, the sooner it'll be done...[1]

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org

[1] It's 2:30 am.[2] I've been working on this for the past 12 hours. I'll
    probably still be working on this in 4 1/2 hours. Give me a break
    on this one.
[2] Sleep lost the battle for free time.