Quota screwing pfiles

From: Roger Smith (sexycoder@hotmail.com)
Date: 06/12/99

My server has a small quota and when lots of programs core dump, they take
up huge amounts of space.  I have ascii pfiles.

My problem is that my MUD is still running and it WRITES EMPTY player files
and an empty plr_index file.  Is there a good way to write some sort of
temporary file, and then check if the .tmp file is empty, and if it IS
empty, then don't move the tmp to the real file.  Thank you!

I have no control over changing the quota. :(

-Roger