Re: In re: dak -- Where have all the interesting threads gone?

From: Xual (xual@danathara.dhs.org)
Date: 06/30/99

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Tony Robbins wrote:

> This is a troubling issue.  The list should be abundant with verbal life.
>
> Here's what I'll contribute:
>
> I remember, 'back in the day' when ASCII pfiles weren't too common[1], there
> was a discussion regarding a player editor, similar to medit.

<snip>

> Anybody have thoughts regarding this issue[2]?

I don't think it would be very hard to implement, but would it be worth the
trouble?  I can't think of too many times I've had to modify a player to
the extent that a menu based system would be timesaving.  do_set() works
fine for me, without the hassles.

> [3] - July 1 is my birthday.  It's also Flag Day in Canada.  Happy Flag Day,
> Canadians.

Actually, it's Canada Day (at least I've never heard the term Flag Day in 25
years of being Canadian), but happy birthday regardless :)

--

"Misery is boundless"
        -Xual the Torturer, on the Eve of the Sundering.

Danathara Online RPG
telnet://danathara.dhs.org:4000