Re: Anybody ever seen a "warm reboot"

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 12/23/99

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Rohan Wallace wrote:

> Please note that copyover 1.5 has a bug in it which causes circlemud to
> dump a core (crash badly for those who don't know) on unix machines.
> Despite the fact I emailled the author about it and gave him a fix, no new
> updates have appeared anywhere that I can find.
> I am quite happy to email patches to interested people

E-mail the patch to the list to spare everyone the trouble.  I assume that
it's small, anyway?  If it's too big, post it to the ftp site.  If it's
less than a page or two, send it here.  This goes for everyone: it's
generally a waste of time to not just make the patch available in the
usual straight-forward manner.  You'll get flooded with e-mail inquiries
and be doing a whole lot of work for nothing.

> Rohan Wallace
> System Programmer                  222 Grote Street
> SE Network Access                  Adelaide SA 5000
> e-mail rohan.wallace@senet.com.au  Australia
> phone:   (08) 8221 5221            PGP Public Key available from
> fax:     (08) 8221 5220            http://www.senet.com.au/PGP
> support: (08) 8221 5792

Your sig is too long; please see the Mailing List FAQ, cited in the box
that follows this (and every) message to the list.  Specifically, the
answer to question #1 of the aforementioned document.

-dak