Re: bpl17 snapshot

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 01/21/00

[ As suspected, Zugg didn't even log into the test MUDs I ran for him.  He
insisted I try it even after explaining that I do not have Windows.  So
until I can figure out how to install zMUD on the lab NT machines I don't
have administrative access to, I can't test it. ]

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Del wrote:

>I would like to Thank George for taking all our considerations,
>complaints, thoughts, or what ever when making changes to the code. There
>was a huge debate over the Telnet problem, and I greatly appreciate the
>the way the change was implemented.

Don't thank me yet, I have a new idea.

Someone mentioned that NAOFFD and NAOCRD were defaults anyway.  So, if
they're defaults, we shouldn't have to send them.  If we don't send them,
the clients shouldn't be confused.

So if I can remove them and keep all clients happy (as in, you can see what
you're typing again), I'll do that and yank the BROKEN_BUT_COMPATIBLE
stuff.  If it doesn't work, I'll leave the code in there, though I'd rather
not.

--
George Greer            | Stock CircleMUD Bug Reporting or Help
greerga@circlemud.org   | http://bugs.circlemud.org/

[ And I thought of a better way to do the 'space_left' bug so that'll get
revamped as well... ]