Re: Help on mulit-class

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 07/10/00

> Hi ppl,
>   I'm new to this, and I just like to ask a question on how to bulid a
> mulit-class system, I had read through the ftp site where ppl have some
> mulit-class code, but whats in my mind was that the user can gain class
> (eg 4 diff class) in any order or choice of their own, like they can
> have lev4 for cl, and lev 6 for wa, and lev 10 for mu for example, I
> hope ppl understand what I mean, I just donno where to start and how to
> start doing this, if any code that is out there which did the same thing

        I think that you want to first, figure out how your system is
going to work - exactly.  For example, in your system, where you have 3
classes with 3 different levels, how do you choose which class you're
gaining in?  Does it spread out to all 3, or do you set one class?  Can
you even spread it out if you wanted to? Etc.

        First, firm up your requirements.  Get the end product from your
head, to paper.

        After you're done with that, most of multiclass in circle consists
of two things; adding the info to the player file (many people use a
bitvector), and making guild masters work correctly for multis.

        Once you've got the first, the second is easy - it's just altering
all the 'IS_WARRIOR', etc, checks to something like
'IS_SET(class_bits,WARRIOR)'.

                                        PjD