Re: [BUILDING]

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 08/19/00

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, Sammy wrote:

>>         An aside, I dug up an old project I was working on for a specific
>> mud which I never had the time to finish - an editor of all things.  If I
>> were to remove the non-stock options and do a little fix-er-uper work
>> (like getting that stupid map to finally work!), would anyone be willing
>> to do a bit of work on the scripting?
>
>I'll have to admit I have zero experience with scripting, and have had a hard
>time getting even simple lex/yacc projects to work correctly, but I may be
>able to help out.  Maybe we can work out a design doc and then various people
>could work out the interface with C/C++ and Java.

I know Lex and Yacc, I wrote a (sort of, not really) ALGOL-60 compiler
using it for my compilers class at Miami University. (Last year, I hope.)

http://www.muc.muohio.edu/~greerga/compiler/take2/algol60.l (Lex)
http://www.muc.muohio.edu/~greerga/compiler/take2/algol60.y (Yacc)

Complete with regression testing and C/C++ comments because we could.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org