Re: [Circle] Devilbunny and Graphical Editor Map

From: The Merciless Lord of Everything (serces@mud.dk)
Date: 09/09/00

On Sat, 9 Sep 2000, Zeavon wrote:

> times to get to the bottom. Anyone not reading room descs would think that
> they were just walking in circles...
Talking about Room Descs .. I've often wondered how much people actually
read. I remember one of the first muds I played on, it had this neat
feature where you could escape a fight if you did a "ring bell", but it
wasn't there as an object. Only in description was it, and nothing about
"ring bell" only it was noted as "blahblah mages desk looks like a mess,
papers, a bell, some rings and a crystal ball", Mage fought you and unless
you knew that trick with the bell, you would surely get killed (since hte
mage would block the exit every time you tried to flee).

Now, I like reading descriptions, comes from readin tolkien I guess (And
on that little tree was a branch, and on that branch was a nice little
nest and in that nest..), but I get players that complain
"Uuuh.. Deathtraps" or even "uh, I'm loosing hitpoints when I should be
gaining" ..

To me RoomDesc's are more than just "annoying text".. they're what gives
imagination food.

erh.. why am I writing this? It's too late me thinks..

/S

Sir Alec Guinness
 - May the force be with you, Always!