[NEWBIE] Circle Score Bug

From: Cam Peter (merc_ca@yahoo.com)
Date: 11/13/00

  When I first got circle3.0 running under win98, i
inherited 3 bugs, and 3 unrelated warnings...the
warnings I still have (somewhat inconvenient, but not
doing any real damage).  The first bug was with say, a

very easy fix. The second was with displaying the race

on the score sheet as the original number instead of a

word, which i took care of with an if statement.  The
third bug has me absolutely stumped, and everyone else

I've asked to look at it hits the same wall.
  Basically, the buffer behaves differently for score
than for other commands...when i type it, it will
display the last line of text shown as the first line
of the score sheet, be it mob name/desc, room text,
etc.  If I hit score a second or multiple times, it
will cumulatively add score sheets (so the second
time, i get 2 more score sheets for a total of three,
etc...to the point that the mud crashes).
  The offending line is:   send_to_char(buf, ch)
When I take the rest of the code for score out, that
line still behaves in the above manner...this is the
same line that works perfectly for me in many other
commands, including time and weather, which I have no
problems with.
  My question is this...is there a command to force a
buffer purge, and if so what is it?  If not, how can I

fix this thing? Tearing my hair out here. :)
Sorry if this question has been asked & answered
before, and thanks in advance for yer help.

Dirk the Assassin