[NEWBIE] Maybe I am just missing something.

From: Rob Masten (Diablo@deathwalker.net)
Date: 03/14/01

Ok, it must be lack of sleep again... but I have to ask this as a newbie
because I can't seem to find the answer I am looking for in the archives.

I know this can be done with dg_scripts patch, (as all the text pausing
past posts in the archives have mentioned), but I have been really
avoiding putting in that patch since the code base is highly modified
and won't be worth the time to hand patch that entire thing.

What I am trying to do is, is pause text, or actually fake a pause in
text, I have a mob that will tell you the mud history to date (basically,
what lead up to the world as we know it), and I want to make it appear
that he is actually telling a story with like 1/2 to 1 second pauses
in-between lines so the player can actually read along.  And I was hoping
to avoid adding another PULSE to the mud.  What I am really hoping for
is a basic for loop with a command or command structure that I can't seem
to get my brain to release me...

Would appreciate any ideas, and keeping with the last few topics...
flames are welcome :)

Rob...